Start Working With Us
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference.
Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America's youth, schools, and communities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Employment decisions include such activities as hiring, disciplining, pay, termination, promotions, etc. We operate in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws regarding employment opportunities
- Engagement and recruitment of volunteers, families, donors and community partners
- Enrollment and match support following all standards as prescribed by BBBSA
- Ensuring child safety, positive impacts for youth and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers and volunteers/parents with BBBS.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of Mahaska County satellite including:
Supervision of personnel
Grant Management and Fundraising
- Screen program applicants, assess compatibility, and introduce new
- Prepare reports as requested and ongoing communication with Mahaska Co. Advisory Board, Executive Director and when applicable BBBS Board of Directors.